RailScan is a modular, mobile, digital colour image processing system for the visual inspection of the rail bed structure, the area of the rail and the overhead system. At high speeds RailScan ensures an extensive check of the general condition of the rail.
High-resolution, photosensitive digital colour surface cameras with high-performance fixed focal length or motor-zoom lenses and short shutter speeds enable clear and high-contrast individual photos at speeds of over 200 km/h. All components are protected against environmental influences and damage in robust protective cases.
The photos can be controlled remotely from the central control computer and by means of an external control panel. Furthermore, each live image can be viewed from all networked operator consoles.
The images are digitally recorded on the hard disk via the central control computer separated according to camera systems. A route allocation system provides precise position allocations and enables the analysis of the exact location or each required track section.
During the picture recording, it is possible to mark faults manually or by specifications of other measurement systems and to document these with written comments.
Recordings can be evaluated manually. Information regarding particular track sections can be activated specifically and can thus be summarised in a compressed fault documentation.
The system includes the following features:
- High-resolution graphical data for detailed analysis of the recorded inspection area.
- Sharp, clear images even at high speeds of over 200 km/h.
- Track length dependent recording for avoiding unnecessary photos during standstill or at slow speed.
- Easy operation by means of intuitively controllable user interface.
- Modular concept.
- Low maintenance expenditure.
- Proven suitability for railway vehicles.
- Easy integration thanks to small space requirements.
- Open system; thereby easy adaption to country-specific database systems or central data acquisition on the vehicles.